Keeping you safe with happy, healthy smiles
Dentistry may be changing, but one thing that won't is our commitment to the health and safety of our patients and our teams. We have always maintained a high level of best-practice safety protocols, even before COVID-19.
We recognise the uncertainty that coronavirus COVID-19 is causing globally, so we want to take a moment to let you know what we are doing to keep you safe, whatever alert level New Zealand is in, while still providing you exceptional dental care.
We’re open and here for all your oral health needs.
We will continue to screen patients and schedule appointments appropriately and maintain a contact register for contact tracing, appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) and meet the Infection Control & Prevention Standards, as guided by the Dental Council of New Zealand (DCNZ). As your good health guardians, we’ve got you covered.
Please remember, you must wear a mask or face covering when arriving at your appointment and scan in using the QR Code in the NZ COVID Tracer App, as per Government guidelines.
Important screening questions before appointments
To help keep everyone safe, we will be in touch to ask you a series of triage questions before your appointment. Please consider the questions below:
- Do you have a confirmed diagnosis of COVID-19?
- Are you waiting for a COVID-19 test or the results, or considered a probable case, or
been asked to self-isolate?
- Have you had close contact with other people in the last 14 days who are probable or confirmed to have COVID-19?
- Have you been at a current contact tracing location of interest – identified by the Ministry of Health?
- Do you have new or worsening symptoms of an acute respiratory infection with at least one of the following, with or without a fever:
- sore throat
- shortness of breath
- sneezing, post-nasal drip (coryza)
- loss of smell (anosmia)
- Have you travelled overseas in the last 14 days and been required to quarantine on your
arrival to New Zealand?
- Have you exited from an MIQ facility in the last 14 days? If yes: Are you are recovered
- Have you had direct contact with someone in the last 14 days who has recently travelled
overseas and been required to quarantine on their arrival to New Zealand?
- Do you work on an international aircraft or shipping vessel?
- Do you work or have you recently worked at an international airport or maritime port in areas/conveniences visited by international arrivals?
- Do you work or have you recently worked in customs, immigration, or at managed quarantine/isolation facilities?
- Have you cleaned at an international airport or maritime port in areas/conveniences visited by international arrivals in the last 14 days? If yes: Were these areas used by travellers from countries/areas with which New Zealand has QFT?
- Have you worked in cold storage areas of facilities that receive imported chilled/frozen goods directly from an international airport or maritime port in the last 14 days?
- Are you a household member or a community contact of aircrew?
- Do you have less typical symptoms, where there is no other likely diagnosis, such as:
- fever only
- myalgia, or
- Are you aged 70 or over?
- Are you immuno-suppressed?
- Do you have any pre-existing medical conditions, include respiratory conditions, like COPD or asthma?
If you have an appointment booked and you answered YES to any of the above, please call us to talk through your options. We may also call you to confirm your answers to these questions again, just prior to your appointment, in case anything has changed for you. We do appreciate your support and understanding as we unite with you against COVID-19.